Once a teacher asked a student, ‘How does a country get destroyed?’ The student said, ‘When an enemy from outside throws a bomb at it.’ The teacher said, ‘No, try one more time.’ The student said, ‘When an enemy from outside fires a missile at it.’ The teacher said, ‘No son, try one more time.’ The student said, ‘I give up.’ The teacher said, ‘The bombs and the missiles are violent ways of destruction, but here is an easier way of destroying a country. All one needs is to make dishonesty a way of life, and Legalize corruption and cheating. When we allow our students to cheat, they come out corrupt.’
That is when the following examples become a reality:
- In the hands of corrupt scholars, religion is sold.
- In the hands of corrupt doctors, a sick person becomes a target, not a patient.
- In the hands of corrupt engineers, buildings collapse.
- In the hands of corrupt judges, injustice is done.
- In the hands of corrupt police officers, criminals flourish.
- In the hands of corrupt politicians, nations perish.
The biggest enemy of character building is a corrupt education system-when national character is corrupt, the nation self-destructs.
There’s an old saying: ‘When wealth is lost, nothing is lost. When health is lost, something is lost. When character is lost, everything is lost.’