1. Only a fool tests the depth of a river with both feet.
Meaning: Don’t jump into any situation without thinking about it first.
2. The strength of the crocodile is in the water.
Meaning: You are stronger in your environment than anywhere else.
3. Knowledge is like a garden: If it is not cultivated, it cannot be harvested.
Meaning: You have to learn and seek for knowledge if you want to be knowledgeable.
4. The best way to eat an elephant in your path is to cut him up into little pieces.
Meaning: you can solve any problem by facing it one step at a time.
5. When a handshake passes the elbow, it becomes another thing.
Meaning: Be Mindful when unfamiliar people becomes too acquitted.
6. He who wants to eat out of the rock must not look at the edges of his axe.
Meaning: If you want to be successful, be prepared to make sacrifices.
7. A farmer does not clear the bush and expects the grass to dry immediately.
Meaning: Patience is essential in everything you do in life
8. The insect that eats kola nut is right inside the leaf.
Meaning: Your enemy is always closer to you than you think.
9. You do not lend your knife to another person when your yam is on the fire.
Meaning: Satisfy yourself first before thinking of others.
10. You cannot climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pocket.
Meaning: You have to work hard in order to be successful.
11. A child, who says his mother will not sleep, will also stay awake.
Meaning: Your action and inaction will always affect you.
12. A restless feet may walk into a snake pit.
Meaning: Anyone who is busy doing nothing can easily get into trouble.
13. A roaring lion kills no one.
Meaning: You cannot achieve anything by just talking about others
14. He who drags a goat to the market also finds himself in the market.
Meaning: Anyone who is trying to tarnish the image of another person will also tarnish his/her image.
15. Rain beats the leopard’s skin but it does not wash out the spots.
Meaning: You cannot change a person true character, no matter how hard you try.
16. You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla.
Meaning: Respect and listen to your leaders no matter how stupid they look
17. He who is bitten by a snake fears a lizard.
Meaning: You should be very careful of any situation that has hurt you before.
18. The battle of grasshoppers is a feast for the hawks.
Meaning: If you are not united, you open doors for attacks.
19. Do not call the forest that shelters you a jungle.
Meaning: It’s foolish to insult anyone that you depend upon for survival.
20. No matter how hot your anger is, it cannot cook yams.
Meaning: Anger is not always a solution.