THE SIERRA LEONE CORRECTIONAL SERVICE, NEW ENGLAND VILLE FREETOWN
For Immediate Attention
The Sierra Leone Correctional Service (SLCS) wishes to inform the public that it will resume normal family and friends’ visitation to inmates on Tuesday 3rd November 2020, for the first time, since March 2020.
The SLCS is aware of the looming presence of the Covid- 19, and in that light has put measures in place to ensure the safety of inmates, officers, and visitors.
However, minor adjustments have been made to the visiting procedures, especially for Freetown:
- Visitors should pre- book at the Correctional Service Headquarters a day before visiting
- Visits will take place on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at the Freetown Male Correctional Centre (Pademba road)
- Visiting hours start at 10:00am and ends at 3:00pm
- For security reasons, visitors will not be allowed to bring along food items for inmates, but they can buy such items in the tuckshops within Correctional facilities
- Visitors cannot bring more than the sum of Le 200, 000 for inmates
- Visitors must wear face mask
- Every inmate being visited will also be wearing face mask
For more information, please contact the National PRO (CO Leslie Cole- Showers) on: +23288421739.